While many people are taking it easy over the bank holiday, kicking back with a few beers in the garden or relaxing with friends, I’m embarking on an epic adventure.
Not satisfied with 5 gigs in 3 days in one place, I’m attempting 4 gigs in 5 days at different ends of the country.
And to make it more fun, there’s a competition involved. Read on to see how you can enter.
Here’s the plan:
- Thursday night: Flomotion gig with the Shadow Orchestra at the Big Chill House
- Friday: Leave Hackney and head to Festinho festival gig with the Shadow Orchestra (Hinwick Hall, near Northampton)
- Saturday: Drive up the M6, overnight at Knutsford Travelodge (woo!)
- Sunday: Drive even further up the M6, play with Sunday Driver at Solfest (just outside Carlisle). Back to Knutsford Travelodge – woo!
- Monday: Greenbelt festival gig with the Shadow Orchestra (Cheltenham Racecourse). Home to the parental abode just outside Aylesbury for sleeping and feeding.
- Tuesday: Back to Hackney. Collapse.
So, the competition is this: simply guess how many miles I will drive between leaving Hackney on Friday morning, and getting home on Tuesday.
The person with the closest answer will win stuff including: homemade cookies, the new Shadow Orchestra EP, a Sunday Driver EP, and a bunch of other stuff I can find around the house or in the shops near work. In the case of a non-UK resident winner, they just get CDs and small things…
To enter, just leave your guess in the comments below – the winner will be announced when I’ve recovered on Tuesday night. Any top tips about how to stay awake while on an insane driving adventure will also be gratefully received. Also – please come and see us play!
And yes, I know we never announced a winner for the last caption competition – I’ll sort that out ASAP I promise…