Here’s the fourth Shady Ladies podcast, brought to you by Kat and Mary from the Shadow Orchestra.
(you can also find us on iTunes)
This month it’s our fab Christmas disco – everyone in the band has chosen a party track, a slow dance for our “erection section”, and a song that reminds them of the festive season.
Given the diverse musical influences in the band, that means that this particular Christmas selection box runs the gauntlet from Jethro Tull to Jonah Lewie, via old-school close-harmony, electronica with added squeaky toy noises, and good old-fashioned rock’n’roll.
Another mince pie, vicar?
- Sergei Prokofiev – Troika edit (from Lieutenant Kije suite)
- Nas & Damian Marley – As We Enter
- Rolling Stones – Street Fighting Man
- Jethro Tull – Reason for Waiting
- Otis Redding – I Can’t Turn You Loose
- The Showstoppers – Ain’t Nothing but a House Party
- The Smiths – Stop Me if You Think You’ve Heard This One Before
- Frank Zappa – Father O’Blivion
- Darwin Deez – You are a Radar Detector
- Pointer Sisters – Automatic
- !!! – Jamie, my Intentions are Bass
- When in Rome – The Promise
- Twin Shadow – Castles in the Snow
- Kate Bush – Running Up That Hill
- Flamingos – I Only Have Eyes for You
- Soulive – Joyful Girl
- Mazzy Star – Fade into You
- Shadow Orchestra – Time and Distance (from the Remaker EP – out now)
- Four Tet – Slow Jam
- Joni Mitchell – River
- Helen Arney and Paul Richards – Never Built a Snowman (from the fantastic new album “It’s Going to be an Awkward Christmas, Darling” – raising money for Cancer Research UK and Shelter – buy yours now!)
- Sergei Prokofiev – Troika redux
- Jona Lewie – Stop the Cavalry
- Barenaked Ladies – O Holy Night
Enjoy – and have a very merry Christmas. We’ll be back in the new year with another one, hopefully featuring sneak previews of our upcoming album. If you want us, we’ll be in the studio…