In her other life, Kat has been making music since before she was tall enough to reach the piano keys. Now still not tall enough to reach the keys, she plays harp, clarinet, bass clarinet, spoons and more or less anything else she can get her hands on.
As a harpist, she trained with World Harp Festival winner Alison Nicholls. Kat is available for weddings, funerals, Bar Mitzvahs and corporate functions. View a selection of her repertoire with audio clips. Email email@example.com to enquire about weddings or functions.
Kat is often found playing with eclectic Steampunk/Bollywood outfit Sunday Driver and future pop/electronica act Talk In Colour (formerly The Shadow Orchestra), but freely admits to being a complete musical whore who will go with anyone – email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about session work, including recordings or gigs.
She is also Director of Shipping and Biscuits at Bakul Bagan Records, and producer and co-presenter of the Shady Ladies music podcast, alongside Mary Erskine from Talk In Colour.
- With Revere supporting kora legend Toumani Diabate on his recent UK tour
- Alice Coltrane-inspired harp with awesome Ethio-jazz legend Mulatu Astatke and the Heliocentrics
- Crazy ethno-jazz with the legendary Lloyd Miller
- Orchestral comedy madness (including accompanying Jarvis Cocker and JimBob from Carter USM) with the Mystery Fax Machine Orchestra
- Fantastical adventures with the Age of Not Believing
- Festive harp for Helen Arney’s It’s Going to be an Awkward Christmas, Darling
- Lush electronica with Digitonal
- Postfunk threestep stuff with Bussetti
- Dramatic cabaret punk’n’roll with Kat Vipers, performing with her as part of The Cool Kats duo
- Drum’n’bass clarinet with MoeFoe
- Sweeping soundscapes with The Beaufort Scale
- On “Love from London” by Renu
- In a Radio 1Xtra session in Maida Vale with funkster Aaron Jerome
- On the album “6 Day Riot Have a Plan” for alt-folksters 6 Day Riot
- On the album “What a woman shouldn’t do” by Julie McKee
- On a recording of new work “Fallen to Dust” for composer David Braid
- A plethora of arpeggios for the delightful Laura Kidd a.k.a. She Makes War
- Twinkly bits for Me For Queen
- Harp-hop with Kingdom of Meerkats, featuring members of Belleruche
- Gypsy jazz with the short-lived but excellent Ultrafox (featuring members of Chrome Hoof and Razorlight, no less!)
- As resident harpist at the Spitz Bistro in East London for several years until its closure at the hands of evil property developers
- As half of Polkadots and Moonbeams – a jazz clarinet and guitar duo with Ricky Fabulous – who were resident at the Snooty Fox in Canonbury for more than 5 years.
- A whole bunch of weddings and corporate functions as a solo harpist. She charges £20 extra for Pachelbel’s Canon
Kat doesn’t do orchestral stuff, because she got fed up of counting 187 bars of rest only to miss the cue for the big glissando.
Email me to enquire about session work and bookings: email@example.com